KORG volca beats
Real analog sounds created with reference to classic rhythm machines
The volca beats provide six of the sounds for which the greatness of analog shines most clearly: Kick, Snare, Hi Tom, Lo Tom, Closed Hi-Hat, and Open Hi-Hat. Paying careful attention to the standard sounds that are indispensable for dance music and that are included on numerous synthesizers and sampling CDs, we've designed powerful new sounds that could not be produced by any means other than analog.
Loop sequencer distilled from the Electribe series
- The Electribe series step sequencer
- Stutter function that generates repeated triggers, dramatically changing the sequence
- Active Step function generates new bass lines by removing or inserting steps.
- Step Jump function instantly plays only the step you're pressing
Convenient functions for incredible ease of use
- SYNC jack and MIDI IN connector allow synchronized performances with multiple units or with your DAW
- Compact size, battery-powered operation, and built-in speaker for enjoyment anywhere
Maximum impact from minimal parameters - a unique advantage of analog
The volca beats provide a carefully selected minimal set of parameters that let you quickly create the drum sound you want. For example, simply by using the three knobs Click, Pitch, and Decay, you can create an incredible variety of kick sounds, ranging from rough sounds that dominate the low range to tight sounds that keep a precise beat.
Regardless of the settings, all of these sounds will have great presence and density and will deliver the convincing power that's possible only from an analog sound generator.
PCM sound engine covers sounds for which analog is unsuited
The PCM sound engine is used to cover sounds for which an analog synth is unsuited, such as Clap, Claves, Agogo, and Crash. We've also paid attention to the PCM engine, and have reproduced the rough lo-fi sound of the '80s. These sounds are a good match with the analog drums, and you can also create even more distinctive sounds by changing the PCM Speed to dramatically raise or lower the pitch.
The Electribe's step sequencer
This step sequencer is designed to make editing easy and to let you add or remove parts in an improvisational way. You can use the 16 step keys to intuitively enter notes while visually monitoring the timing of the notes within the measure. You can also play the touch panel keyboard to record in real-time.
You can use the Stutter function to dramatically expand your live performance possibilities by adding drum rolls or delay-like effects. It can be used to completely transform the feel of the entire pattern, or as a fill when switching patterns. Movements of the Stutter knob can also be recorded in a sequence.
SYNC jack and MIDI IN connector allow synchronized performances with multiple units or with your DAW
By using the sync jack you can enjoy synchronized playback with multiple volcas or with a monotribe. You can also use the "SyncKontrol" iPhone app to wirelessly control tap tempo, swing settings, and synchronized playback with iOS music apps via WIST.
The MIDI IN connector lets you synchronize with other devices as well as play the volca from your MIDI keyboard. You can also send note messages from your DAW and use the volca as an analog sound module.
Compact size, battery-powered operation, and built-in speaker for enjoyment anywhere
With its compact size, battery operation, and built-in speaker, it's easy to take the volca beats anywhere and perform at any time.
Keyboard Multi touch-trigger pad/step key
- Type Analog synthesis (Kick, Snare, Hi Tom, Lo Tom, Closed Hi Hat/Open Hi-Hat) PCM synthesis (Clap, Claves, Agogo, Crash)
- Kick Click, Pitch, Decay, Part Level
- Snare Snappy, Pitch, Decay, Part Level
- Tom Hi Pitch, Lo Pitch, Decay, Part Level
- Hi Hat Closed Decay, Open Decay, Grain, Part Level
- PCM PCM Speed, Part Level
- Number of parts 10
- Number of Steps 16
- Number of Recording Patterns 8
- Audio Output/Headphones (3.5mm stereo mini jack)
- Sync In (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum input level: 20V)
- Sync Out (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum Output level: 5V)
- MIDI In
- Battery Life Approximately 10 hours (using alkaline batteries)
- Power supply
- AA alkaline battery ×6
- AA nickel-metal hydride battery ×6
- AC adapter “KA-350” (optional)
- Accessories AA alkaline battery ×6 (for verifying operation)
- Options AC adapter “KA-350”
- (W x D x H) 193 × 115 ×45 mm / 7.61 x 4.54 x 1.78 inchesWeight372 g / 0.82lbs (Excluding batteries)